2019 GPBA Galveston Fishing Rodeo Rules
GPBA MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED FOR ENTRY - OPEN TO GUIDES AND THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS
- Prize winnings will be split accordingly: 80% going to the entered captain, 20% to the angler.
- ALL prize winners are responsible for paying applicable taxes with accurate and necessary tax information provided to GPBA.
- All captains must adhere to locally applicable regulations for licensing and insurance for fishing guide operation.
- All captains and anglers subject to applicable Texas Parks & Wildlife Department established size limit, bag limit and appropriate licensing requirements.
- All participants must be registered by no later than Thursday, October 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
- To join GPBA and be automatically registered for the tournament visit www.joingpba.org
- Captain and angler must be present for weigh-in entry in.
- Fishing is allowed any time of day or night between 6:30 am September 27, 2019 and October 31, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Eligibility for Entry
- All eligible fish must be weighed in at Galveston Yacht Basin on a certified scale, with 1 witness in addition to the weigh master.
- Scales will be open daily from 9am to 5pm daily.
- Fish may only be recreationally caught on conventional hook and line or rod and reel fishing gear. Fish may not be entered as any part of a commercial fishing trip or experience.
- Only whole weight fish may be weighed. No gutted, rotten, mangled or partially eaten fish.
- Eligible fish must be caught while fishing with a licensed, registered guide aboard a paid, guided fishing trip. Registered tournament entry by the captain makes all anglers aboard eligible for entry with respective Captain of the trip.
- Any angler or combination of anglers aboard a for-hire, guided trip, must catch the fish. Registered anglers may have assistance casting, netting, hook set, and up to 10 second of reeling/fighting the fish.
- Eligible entries must also complete mandatory fishing trip survey/interview questionnaire.
- Fish eligible for entry: Red Drum greater than 28”, Flounder, Gafftopsail Catfish, Speckled Trout, Sand Trout, Greater Amberjack, King Mackerel, Dorado/Dolphinfish, Cobia/Ling, and Blackfin Tuna
- No weighed fish will be eligible without a completed and signed weigh-in entry form, with witness. Weigh-in entry forms will be retained by weigh master.
- Fish may not be transferred between participants of the tournament.
- All fish must be weighed within 24 hours of capture to be eligible.
- Winners subject to polygraph test if found appropriate by GPBA Board of Directors. Refusal of polygraph test must be submitted in writing to GPBA and will result in immediate disqualification.
- Deckhand will be ineligible for entry under captain unless on a paid, guided fishing trip.
- Appropriate GPBA Membership must be paid and in good standing for entry.
- Only registered, and appropriately licensed guides and ALL anglers fishing aboard a fare paying guided fishing trip.
- All fish for inshore division, to be eligible, must be caught within the Galveston Bay Complex, Galveston Jetties, or within Texas Natural Resource Boundary (State Waters/ 9 Mile Boundary)
- All fish for offshore division, to be eligible, must be caught in the Gulf of Mexico beyond Texas Natural Resource Boundary (State Waters/ 9 Mile Boundary)
- Winners are determined by single fish weight (lbs and ounces). In the event of a tie, the winner will be the earliest fish weighed for entry. If fish are present at the same time for entry and weight, the earliest tournament entry will be the winner.
- For entrants under the age of 18, prizes must be received by a legal guardian on their behalf.
- Winner can win any category, or combination of categories for respective division entered.
- - Winner or winners must be present at awards banquet and sponsorship party to claim prizes. Unless expressly requested and approved by the GPBA Board of Directors prior to the event.
- Responsibility for entry, member status, and correct contact information on entry forms rest solely on the entrant.
Release of Liability and Indemnity
- Being allowed to enter this tournament, each individual agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Galveston Professional Boatmen’s Association, its Directors, Officers, and all weigh-in station owners, officials, and employees from any and all liability, claims, or damages arising in any manner whatsoever connected to this event.